At The Blandford School we recognise that the welfare of children is paramount and
we take seriously our duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of the young people in our care.
• protecting children from maltreatment;
• preventing the impairment of children’s health or development;
• ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
• taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
All children have the right to be safeguarded from harm or exploitation whatever their:
• health or disability
• gender or sexual orientation
• race, religion, belief or first language
• political or immigration status
Governors, staff and regular volunteers in this school understand the importance of taking appropriate action and are committed to working in partnership with children, their parents/carers and other agencies in order to safeguard children and promote their welfare.