Ms A Bibby
Grade 5 in GCSE Art
Students wishing to follow this course without having followed a GCSE in Art will be required to submit a portfolio of work and be interviewed by Ms Bibby and Mrs Amey. Summer holiday work is required for September starters.
Why choose A Level Art?
The aim of this course is to encourage students to develop:
• Intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive capabilities.
• Investigative, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and expressive skills, aesthetic understanding and critical judgement.
• Independence of mind in developing, refining and communicating their own ideas, their own intentions and their own personal outcomes.
• An interest in, enthusiasm for and enjoyment of art, craft and design.
• The experience of working with a broad range of media.
• An understanding of the interrelationships between art, craft and design processes and an awareness of the contexts in which they operate.
• Knowledge and experience of real-world contexts and, where appropriate, links to the creative industries.
• Knowledge and understanding of art, craft, design and media and technologies in contemporary and past societies and cultures.
• An awareness of different roles, functions, audiences and
consumers of art, craft and design. Being creative is the next big thing. Every good company realises that creativity and good design are important factors in generating new business. So your creativity isn’t just a way of satisfying your artistic desire, it can open a door to exciting career opportunities as well.
How you will be assessed in A Level Art:
For further information, talk to Ms Bibby, Mrs Amey or any of the post 16 Art students. There is a Studio Charge of £35.00 each year to contribute towards the cost of materials but this may not cover the cost of all materials.